There are three potential responses after a user supplies their personal information & SSN.
1) Successful, needs no further validation
We found a 100% match in our system. The user's identity is now verified.
2) Successful, but needs further validation
We found a partial match in our system. The user must answer the questions supplied before we verify their identity.
3) Invalid SSN information supplied
We found no match in our system. The user must supply a copy of a government issued photo ID (passport, drivers license, etc). This can happen for several reasons:
- User is a recent immigrant, so their identity file is very thin. As a result, we cannot find a match in any public records.
- User is young (16-18 yrs), so their identity file is very thing. As a result, we cannot find a match in any public records.
- User has a work-only SSN (Non-resident aliens on F1/J1/H1B visa usually have this type)
- The SSN information supplied is incorrect.
If you get "Invalid SSN information supplied" frequently and believe there is a mistake, we're happy to investigate further. Just send the user ID/email/auth_key to email@example.com so we can take a closer look.